By Charles Frederick Hartt
Charles Frederick Hartt, Canadian-born geologist, paleontologist and naturalist (1840-1878)
This e-book offers «Amazonian Tortoise Myths», from Charles Frederick Hartt. A dynamic desk of contents permits to leap on to the bankruptcy selected.
Table of Contents
- approximately This Book
- Amazonian Tortoise Myths
- How The Tortoise Out-ran The Deer
- The Jabuti That Cheated The Man
- How A Tortoise Killed Jaguars
- How The Tortoise Provoked a competition Of power among The Tapir And The Whale
- How A Tortoise Killed A Jaguar And Made A Whistle of 1 Of His Bones
- The Jabuti Avenges Himself at the Tapir
- The Tortoise Kills The Opossum via Inducing Him To Bury Himself
- The Tortoise Sends The Jaguar On A Fool's Errand
Read or Download Amazonian Tortoise Myths PDF
Similar history & philosophy on science & nature books
At 36,000 toes, wireless converts our airline seats to distant workplaces. It we could us learn electronic mail in airports, watch video in espresso retailers, and hear tune at domestic. wireless is far and wide. yet the place did it come from? wireless and the undesirable Boys of Radio takes us again to while the web used to be first becoming more popular, e mail took ten mins to load up, and mobile phones have been massive and unwieldy.
Ockham's razor, the primary of parsimony, states that less complicated theories are higher than theories which are extra advanced. It has a heritage courting again to Aristotle and it performs a big function in present physics, biology, and psychology. The razor additionally will get used outdoor of technological know-how – in lifestyle and in philosophy.
Die entwickelung der mathematik in den letzten jahrhunderten via Hermann Hankel. This ebook is a replica of the unique e-book released in 1869 and will have a few imperfections equivalent to marks or hand-written notes.
The four. 4-billion-year background of the oceans and their position in Earth's weather systemIt has usually been stated that we all know extra in regards to the moon than we do approximately our personal oceans. in truth, we all know very much extra in regards to the oceans than many folks detect. Scientists comprehend that our activities at the present time are shaping the oceans and weather of tomorrow—and that if we proceed to behave recklessly, the results can be dire.
- Was Hitler a Darwinian?: Disputed Questions in the History of Evolutionary Theory
- Red, Black, and Objective: Science, Sociology, and Anarchism
- Über die Reflexion des Lichtes in einer inhomogenen Schicht / Raum und Zeit in der gegenwärtigen Physik: Abteilung I / Band 2 (Moritz Schlick. Gesamtausgabe) (German Edition)
- The Legacy of the Mastodon: The Golden Age of Fossils in America
Extra resources for Amazonian Tortoise Myths
Amazonian Tortoise Myths by Charles Frederick Hartt