By Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga
- Assembles key anthropological articles that problem accredited definitions and concepts of area and place
- Reveals how either the conceptual and fabric dimensions of area in addition to of equipped varieties and panorama features are crucial to the creation of social life
- Includes creation that synthesizes present literature, highlights center concerns, and maps capability instructions for destiny research
- Brings classics in cultural anthropology including new theoretical approaches
Read Online or Download Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) PDF
Similar human geography books
Traditional scholarship at the Mediterranean portrays the internal Sea as a undying entity with unchanging ecological and agrarian positive aspects. yet, Faruk Tabak argues, many of the "traditional" and "olden" features that we characteristic to it this present day are literally items of particularly contemporary advancements.
Conventional narratives of the interval prime as much as the Civil struggle are consistently framed in geographical phrases. The sectional descriptors of the North, South, and West, just like the wartime different types of Union, Confederacy, and border states, suggest little irrespective of a map of the us. In Abolitionist Geographies, Martha Schoolman contends that antislavery writers always refused these ordinary phrases.
Until eventually this publication was once initially released in 1996 there have been little exact examine in regards to the geographic position of the negative in the United States. The ebook examines the spatial distribution of the negative in the US and discusses the final features of the poverty inhabitants. It explores the complicated internet of concept referring to poverty, featuring various different types: no fault theories, person accountability theories, societal accountability theories, governemntal and institutional accountability theories, and accountability of the commercial approach theories.
International rubbish examines the ways that rubbish, in its assorted varieties, is being produced, controlled, skilled, imagined, circulated, hid, and aestheticized in modern city environments and throughout various artistic and cultural practices. The booklet explores the more and more complicated courting among globalization and rubbish in destinations corresponding to Beirut, Detroit, Hong Kong, London, l. a., Manchester, Naples, Paris, Rio de Janeiro and Tehran.
- Confronting Hunger in the USA: Searching for Community Empowerment and Food Security in Food Access Programs (Critical Food Studies)
- Régénérer la ville (Espace et Territoires) (French Edition)
- Telecare Technologies and the Transformation of Healthcare (Health, Technology and Society)
- Hybrid Urbanism: On the Identity Discourse and the Built Environment
Extra resources for Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology)
Anthropology of Space and Place: Locating Culture (Wiley Blackwell Readers in Anthropology) by Setha M. Low,Denise Lawrence-Zúñiga